Combined Cadet Force (CCF)
From September 2019 students in their third year (Year 9) will be able to elect to join the CCF. They can join the Army Section (Royal Anglian Regiment) where a minimum of five terms’ service is expected. They may then choose to continue as Non Commissioned Officers (NCOs) and apply to their Sixth Form providers for leave to return to Iceni to parade. During this time they will undergo more advanced training and assist in instructing the junior cadets.
The CCF meets weekly and has a field day each term as well as a range of weekend exercises and a summer camp.
Membership offers many advantages, not least of which is the opportunity to apply for a wide range of residential courses offered by the services; especially popular are leadership, first aid, shooting and adventurous training.
About the CCF:
The CCF is a youth organisation supported by the Ministry of Defence with Her Majesty the Queen as its Captain General. The CCF in the United Kingdom is made up of around 500 school Contingents, the majority of which are from independent schools.
The main aim of the CCF at Iceni Academy is to help students become more self-reliant and to develop leadership skills.
We are in the process of setting up a Combined Cadet Force. During the set up process we will add information to this section. Once we are parading we will update this page.
We are affiliated with and supported by the Army. We plan to parade from September 2019. Between September 2019 and September 2020 we anticipate having space for 30 cadets.
From September 2020 we have ambitious plans to extend this offer.
Progress to date:
- March 2019 – Adult volunteers booked on training sessions. Initial training started at Iceni. Building identified as CCF base and planning undertaken to develop the facilities in the building with potential condition related funding from MoD.
- April 2019 – Adult volunteer training continues.
- May 2019 – Four adult volunteers complete OPC (Officer Preliminary Training).
- May 2019 – Adult volunteers attend syllabus delivery session
- June 2019 – Two adult volunteers complete Basic Officer Training
- July 2019 – A further adult volunteer completed Basic Officer Training
- July 2019 – Our first cohort of 30 cadets are offered places
- September 2019 – A fourth adult volunteer completed Basic Officer Training
- September 2019 – Contingent parades
We have ambitious plans for our CCF contingent and over the next few weeks will publish information here about the plans for the next few years.