Your PL (personal learning) group is where you will spend the first 20 minutes of each school day (08:40 – 09:00).
During PL time, important messages that you may need to receive for the rest of your day will be given out. There will also be a range of activities that all PL groups cover, as well as some activities bespoke to each age range.
All PL groups will take part in:
- Independent study/homework
- World news / current events – we believe it is important that our students are aware of, and understand their place in the world.
- Academy quiz
Depending on your year group, you will have some specific tasks that you undertake weekly too:
- Year 11s will undertake subject specific intervention for their GCSE subjects.
- Years 8 and 9 will have activities catered towards choosing and starting their GCSE choices.
- Year 7 activities will be about settling in to school and stretching themselves as they move further into Key Stage 3.