Community Service at Iceni Academy
Our students are at the very centre of what we do at Iceni Academy and we expect students to be understanding, caring, kind, respectful and tolerant of others in the Academy. As part of this development students take a role in helping at Iceni Academy. This can take a number of forms including;
- Helping out at events in the evening
- Supporting new students joining the Academy
- Litter picking during PL time once a half term
- Helping lunch staff manage the queues of students into the hall at lunch and break time.
- Working in the library at break or lunchtime
- Getting feedback to pass forward through the student voice system
- Being a mentor for a young student
All of these roles make a contribution to life at Iceni Academy but also help students develop key transferable skills.